The country’s most prestigious medical entrance exam – AIIMS MBBS is scheduled to take place on 25th & 26th MAY 2019. Getting a seat into AIIMS college is a dream-come-true for every aspiring medical student. This exam not only tests your conceptual understanding of Physics, Chemistry and Biology with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R), but also examines your awareness regarding current affairs. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions. This includes of 60 questions (40 MCQ’s + 20 A&R questions) from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with 10 MCQ’s on Aptitude & Logical thinking and 10 from General Knowledge.
Biology Assertion and Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you master Assertion & Reason type questions for AIIMS exam, we are running quizzes from each subject viz, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Here you can access an A&R Quiz of Biology, that offers you the most relevant questions with respect to AIIMS Biology 2019 exam. So, don’t hold back, participate in this quiz if you really want to get an MBBS seat in AIIMS college!
Let’s Start the Quiz!
1. ASSERTION : When gel electrophoresis is performed, the smallest segment is found near positive electrode. REASON : DNA is negatively charged molecule.
2. ASSERTION : Agrobacterium tumefaciens is popular in genetic engineering because this bacterium is associated with the roots of all cereal and pulse crops. REASON : A gene incorporated in the bacterial chromosomal genome gets automatically transferred to the crop with which the bacterium is associated.
3. ASSERTION : YAC vectors have been exploited extensively in mapping the large genomes. REASON : YAC vectors have a composite structure made of bacteriophage and plasmid.
4. ASSERTION : Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease resulting in muscular weakness and fatigue. REASON : Vaccination using B cells is the most effective means of treating autoimmune diseases.
5. ASSERTION : Hardy-Weinberg principle states that in the absence of disturbing influences, gene frequencies of large populations of sexually reproducing organisms do not change, provided that matings, occur at random. REASON : The disturbing influences include mutation, gene flow, genetic drift, genetic recombination and natural selection.
6. ASSERTION : To prepare chromosome map of human, restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) is done. REASON : RFLP is the occurrence of different lengths of DNA sequences cleaved at restriction sites.
7. ASSERTION : Only a boy child could be born with a substitution of glutamic acid by valine on 6th codon of β-chain of haemoglobin. REASON : The gene for mutation causing sickle - cell anaemia is found on Y-chromosome.
8. ASSERTION : Now-a-days amniocentesis is banned. REASON : Amniocentesis gives the information of any abnormality in the fetus and many other complications regarding pregnancy can be detected.
9. ASSERTION : The Krebs cycle is poisoned by malonate. REASON : Malonate decreases oxaloacetate concentration.
10. ASSERTION : All proteinaceous enzymes have a three-dimensional structure. REASON : The secondary structure of protein is according to amino acid present inside the polypeptides.
Share your Results: