The country’s most prestigious medical entrance exam – AIIMS MBBS is scheduled to take place on 25th & 26th MAY 2019. Getting a seat into AIIMS college is a dream-come-true for every aspiring medical student. This exam not only tests your conceptual understanding of Physics, Chemistry and Biology with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R), but also examines your awareness regarding current affairs. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions. This includes of 60 questions (40 MCQ’s + 20 A&R questions) from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with 10 MCQ’s on Aptitude & Logical thinking and 10 from General Knowledge.
Biology Assertion and Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you master Assertion & Reason type questions for AIIMS exam, we are running quizzes from each subject viz, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Here you can access an A&R Quiz of Biology, that offers you the most relevant questions with respect to AIIMS Biology 2019 exam. So, don’t hold back, participate in this quiz if you really want to get an MBBS seat in AIIMS college!
Let’s Start the Quiz!
1. ASSERTION : Shrinkage of the protoplast of a cell occurs under the influence of hypertonic solution. REASON : Hypertonic solution causes exosmosis.
2. ASSERTION : Cellular endosperm is formed by nuclear division accompanied with wall formation. REASON : Cellular endosperm lacks haustoria.
3. ASSERTION : Triangular shaped age pyramid represents a growing or expanding population. REASON : Proportion of individuals in reproductive and post reproductive age group is higher than the individual in pre-reproductive age group.
4. ASSERTION : Natural selection is the outcome of differences in survival and reproduction among individuals that show variation in one or more traits. REASON : Adaptive forms of a given trait tend to become more common; less adaptive ones become less common or disappear.
5. ASSERTION : Replication and transcription occur in the nucleus but translation occurs in the cytoplasm. REASON : mRNA is transferred from the nucleus into the cytoplasm where ribosomes and amino acids are available for protein synthesis.
6. ASSERTION : In vasectomy, a small part of the vas deferens is removed or tied up. REASON : In tubectomy, a small part of the Fallopian tube is removed or tied up.
7. ASSERTION : Diabetes insipidus is marked by excessive urination and too much thirst of water. REASON : Anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) is secreted by the posterior lobe of pituitary gland.
8. ASSERTION : The portion of the myofibril between two successive Z-lines is considered as the functional unit of contraction called sarcomere. REASON : During contraction, I-bands get reduced whereas A-bands retain the length, thereby causing shortening of the sarcomere.
9. ASSERTION : Nephrons are of two types cortical and juxtamedullary according to their relative position in the cortex. REASON : Juxtamedullary nephrons have short loop of Henle while cortical nephrons have long loop of Henle.
10. ASSERTION : Pulmonary circulation consists of flow of deoxygenated blood from right ventricle to the lungs and flow of oxygenated blood from lungs to the left atrium. REASON : Systemic circulation consists of flow of oxygenated blood from the left ventricle to all parts of the body and deoxygenated blood from different parts to right atrium.
Share your Results: