As the SOF Olympiad Level 2 exam for IMO, IEO, & NSO is near, students and parents have many confusions regarding the guidelines for the exam, what their child can do, wear, bring, and what not. There are many queries regarding SOF Level 2 exam guidelines and admit cards. Therefore, we have brought answers to all your questions as per SOF, and do’s and don’ts as per SOF instructions and guidelines. Let’s clear all the confusion of SOF aspirants and their parents regarding the guidelines for Level 2 Olympiad exams.
The Level 2 Olympiad exams for IEO, IMO, & NSO will be conducted on Sunday 11th February 2024 as per the following schedule: You can see here that there will be a gap of one hour between each exam.
|SOF International English Olympiad
|9.00 am to 10.00 am
|SOF National Science Olympiad
|11.00 am to 12.00 Noon
|SOF International Mathematics Olympiad
|1.00 pm to 2.00 pm
DETAILS REGARDING THE EXAM CENTRES
- Exam centres for Level 2 Olympiad exams have been finalized in all major cities of India and in all countries, participating in SOF Olympiad exams, across the globe.
- Centres allocated to qualifying students have been shared through their respective schools.
- Also, the centre of examination will be mentioned on your admit card along with other things like student guidelines.
You can also read all the guidelines for the exam on the admit card.
HOW TO GET SOF LEVEL 2 OLYMPIAD ADMIT CARDS?
- Admit cards are uploaded on the official SOF website sofworld.org by the first week of February 2024. So, you can download it from there. http://results.sofworld.org/admitcard
- They will be couriered to respective schools from where you have qualified for 2nd level exams and can be e-mailed to respective schools on request.
- You can also use the admit cards issued to you for 1st level exams and write to SOF at firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com for the address of your exam centre.
- You can collect your admit cards (in duplicate) by either of the above modes.
- The admit cards carry details of venue address and time of the exam.
- Roll numbers of students will be the same as allotted for the first level exams.
You will also like – Advanced Guide for SOF Level 2 Olympiad Exam Preparation
Do’s and Don’ts for the SOF Level 2 Exam
|Paste coloured passport size photographs on both copies of admit cards and get them attested (signed and stamped) by school authorities. Without it you won’t be allowed to appear for the exam.
|Don’t accompany your child inside the exam centres as Parents/guardians are not be allowed entry inside the exam centres. You are only allowed outside the exam centre.
|Carry both copies of admit cards to the exam centre, where one copy will be retained by the centre.
|Don’t carry any textual material - printed or written, bits of paper, calculator, mobile phone, or any electronic device etc. in the exam hall.
|Carry separate set of admit cards for each 2nd level Olympiad for which you have qualified.
|Don’t register for the 2nd level exam again because you don’t need to re-register.
|Report at the allocated exam centre at least 30 minutes before the commencement of exam.
|Don’t use any unfair means as you can be expelled from the examination centre. In case use of unfair means is detected after the exam is over, the result of such student(s) may not be declared and they will not be eligible for any award or certificate.
|Use the question paper for doing your rough work.
|Don’t carry anything other than admit cards and pen/pencil as only these will be permitted in the exam hall.
WHAT IS THE EXAM PATTERN OF SOF LEVEL 2 OLYMPIADS?
- Students will be given 60 minutes to complete the exam.
- The exams will be pen and paper exams with multiple choice questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
- Syllabus for the exams would be similar to 1st level exams.
- Level of difficulty may, however, be higher.
The pattern of questions/Marking Scheme in detail are mentioned on the official SOF website for all subjects, You can check it here – SOF Olympiad Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
SOME GENERAL TIPS AND GUIDELINES
- Students will be allowed entry in the exam hall 15 minutes before the commencement of exam.
- Students will not be allowed entry in the exam hall 10 minutes after commencement of exam. No extra time will be provided to such candidates to complete the exam.
- Students may leave the exam hall only after completion of exam time. Students will not be allowed to leave the exam hall while the exam is in progress.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can the students use a pencil?
Yes, students can use pencil if they want.
2. What should the students wear? Uniform or casuals?
It’s your choice, students can wear anything but the most important thing is that they must carry school ID card.
3. Can the students carry extra sheets of paper for working or will that be provided?
There’s no need for students to carry any answer sheets as they will be provided.
4. When will the results for level 2 be released?
Any time between March-April.
5. Do students have to fill OMR sheet with black pen?
Students can use any pen, black or blue but it must be a ball pen. Our recommendation would be that student first fill the OMR sheet with the pencil so that they have the option to erase and attempt again in case they fill it up wrong the first time.
6. Can students wear a watch? Is it allowed or not in the exam centre?
No, students are not allowed to wear watch in the exam hall.
7. Can students get extra blank page for rough work?
Yes, extra sheets will be provided.