AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) MBBS entrance exam for admission to the undergraduate medical course in AIIMS is to be held on 25th and 26th May 2019. For mere 807 seats, more than 3.5 lacs candidates gave exam in 2018. As the number suggests, AIIMS exam is more competitive than any other competitive exam. Every aspiring Medical Student dream to clear AIIMS entrance exam and wants to get his/her MBBS degree from this prestigious institute. To getting through the AIIMS entrance exam requires a thorough understanding of concepts as this exam tests the same through its variety of questions (MCQs & A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and awareness about current affairs. From 2018, the AIIMS MBBS exam has started to be conducted on two days, over a total of four examination slots of three-and-a-half hour’s duration. The AIIMS examination will be a Computer Based Test (CBT), another difficulty added for many candidates who are not pretty comfortable to the CBT. To help you sail easily through the storm of AIIMS entrance exam, we are here running a quiz. Read on to know more.
AIIMS exam will consist of 200 objective type questions. This comprises of 60 questions (40 MCQ’s + 20 A&R questions) from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with 10 MCQs in Current Affairs and 10 MCQs in Logical Reasoning. Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice easily. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQs part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you get habitual of the AIIMS exam’s demand and pressure, we are running a weekly quiz campaign on Assertion & Reason section. This will help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam. On this page, Assertion & Reason Quiz for Chemistry will go live once in a week. Take these quizzes which are especially designed to give you the best opportunity to strengthen your concepts to CRACK AIIMS Entrance Exam!
All the Best!
1. ASSERTION : The number of tetrahedral voids is double the number of octahedral voids. REASON : The size of the tetrahedral voids is half of that of the octahedral void.
2. ASSERTION : The molality of the solution does not change with change in temperature. REASON : The molality is expressed in units of moles per 1000 g of solvent.
3. ASSERTION : Atom with high value of ionization potential always have loosely bound valence electrons. REASON : Ionization potential is the energy required to gain an electron from an isolated gaseous atom.
4. ASSERTION : At critical point, the densities of substance in gaseous and liquid states are same. REASON : Critical temperature is the temperature at which the real gas exhibits ideal behaviour for considerable range of pressure.
5. ASSERTION : Bending of Sn produces sound, phenomenon being known as tin cry. REASON : Cooling tin below 15.2° C, it changes to grey powder.
6. ASSERTION : Acetylene on reacting with sodamide gives sodium acetylide and ammonia. REASON : sp-Hybridised carbon atoms of acetylene are considerably electronegative.
7. ASSERTION : H2S is stronger acid than PH3. REASON : S is more electronegative than P, conjugate base HS– is more stable than H2P–.
8. ASSERTION : Aqueous solution of potassium ferrocyanide does not give the test of iron (II). REASON : Potassium ferrocyanide is not poisonous like potassium cyanide.
9. ASSERTION : An alcohol does not react with halide ions as such but on dissolution in strong acids it does react smoothly forming an alkyl halide. REASON : The strong acid accelerates the removal of proton from the –OH group of the alcohol.
10. ASSERTION : Nitration of aniline can be done conveniently by protecting the amino group by acetylation. REASON : Acetylation increases the electron density in the benzene ring.
Share your Results: