AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) MBBS entrance exam for admission to the undergraduate medical course in AIIMS is to be held on 25th and 26th May 2019. For mere 807 seats, more than 3.5 lacs candidates gave exam in 2018. As the number suggests, AIIMS exam is more competitive than any other competitive exam. Every aspiring Medical Student dream to clear AIIMS entrance exam and wants to get his/her MBBS degree from this prestigious institute. To getting through the AIIMS entrance exam requires a thorough understanding of concepts as this exam tests the same through its variety of questions (MCQs & A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and awareness about current affairs. From 2018, the AIIMS MBBS exam has started to be conducted on two days, over a total of four examination slots of three-and-a-half hour’s duration. The AIIMS examination will be a Computer Based Test (CBT), another difficulty added for many candidates who are not pretty comfortable to the CBT. To help you sail easily through the storm of AIIMS entrance exam, we are here running a quiz. Read on to know more.
AIIMS exam will consist of 200 objective type questions. This comprises of 60 questions (40 MCQ’s + 20 A&R questions) from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with 10 MCQs in Current Affairs and 10 MCQs in Logical Reasoning. Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice easily. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQs part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you get habitual of the AIIMS exam’s demand and pressure, we are running a weekly quiz campaign on Assertion & Reason section. This will help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam. On this page, Assertion & Reason Quiz for Chemistry will go live once in a week. Take these quizzes which are especially designed to give you the best opportunity to strengthen your concepts to CRACK AIIMS Entrance Exam!
All the Best!
1. ASSERTION : Benzene reacts with iodine monochloride in presence of anhyd. AlCl3 to form iodobenzene. REASON : Iodine monochloride reacts with anhyd. AlCl3 to produce I+ which attacks the benzene ring.
2. ASSERTION : At the same temperature, water has higher vapour pressure than acetic acid. REASON : Hydrogen bonding in water is weaker than in acetic acid.
3. ASSERTION : The conductivity of metals decreases with increase of temperature whereas that of electrolytic solution increases. REASON : Electrons in metals are very tightly held by the nucleus and are not free to move.
4. ASSERTION : Pure iron when heated in dry air is covered with a layer of rust. REASON : Rust has the composition Fe3O4.
5. ASSERTION : Colloidal particles show Brownian movement. REASON : Brownian movement arises because of the impact of the molecules of the dispersion medium with the colloidal particles.
6. ASSERTION : A chelating ligand must possess two or more lone pairs at such a distance that it may form suitable strain free 5-6 membered rings with the metal ion. REASON : H2N–NH2 is a chelating ligand.
ASSERTION : Nucleophilic substitution reaction on an optically active alkyl halide gives a mixture of enantiomers. REASON : The reaction occurs by SN1 mechanism.
8. ASSERTION : Carboxylic acids do not give characteristic reactions of carbonyl group. REASON : Carboxylic acids exist as cyclic dimers in solid, liquid and even in vapour state.
9. ASSERTION : β-pleated sheet structure of protein shows maximum extension. REASON : Intermolecular hydrogen bonding is present in them.
10. ASSERTION : Sulpha drugs contain sulphonamide group. REASON : Salvarsan is a sulpha drug.
Share your Results: