AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) MBBS entrance exam for admission to the undergraduate medical course in AIIMS is to be held on 25th and 26th May 2019. For mere 807 seats, more than 3.5 lacs candidates gave exam in 2018. As the number suggests, AIIMS exam is more competitive than any other competitive exam. Every aspiring Medical Student dream to clear AIIMS entrance exam and wants to get his/her MBBS degree from this prestigious institute. To getting through the AIIMS entrance exam requires a thorough understanding of concepts as this exam tests the same through its variety of questions (MCQs & A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and awareness about current affairs. From 2018, the AIIMS MBBS exam has started to be conducted on two days, over a total of four examination slots of three-and-a-half hour’s duration. The AIIMS examination will be a Computer Based Test (CBT), another difficulty added for many candidates who are not pretty comfortable to the CBT. To help you sail easily through the storm of AIIMS entrance exam, we are here running a quiz. Read on to know more.
AIIMS exam will consist of 200 objective type questions. This comprises of 60 questions (40 MCQ’s + 20 A&R questions) from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with 10 MCQs in Current Affairs and 10 MCQs in Logical Reasoning. Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice easily. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQs part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you get habitual of the AIIMS exam’s demand and pressure, we are running a weekly quiz campaign on Assertion & Reason section. This will help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam. On this page, Assertion & Reason Quiz for Chemistry will go live once in a week. Take these quizzes which are especially designed to give you the best opportunity to strengthen your concepts to CRACK AIIMS Entrance Exam!
Let’s Start the Quiz!
1. ASSERTION : Acetylene reacts with sodamide to evolve H2 gas. REASON : Acetylene is a weaker acid than ammonia.
2. ASSERTION : Due to Frenkel defect, density of the crystalline solid decreases. REASON : In Frenkel defect, a cation or an anion leaves the crystal.
3. ASSERTION : In corrosion, a metal is reduced by gain of electrons. REASON : Corrosion does not coat the surfaces of metallic objects with oxides.
4. ASSERTION : Gold is recovered from its solution containing aurocyanide complex by adding zinc dust. REASON : Zinc is more electropositive than gold.
5. ASSERTION : Nitrogen and oxygen are the main components in the atmosphere but these do not react to form oxides of nitrogen. REASON : The reaction between nitrogen and oxygen requires high temperature.
6. ASSERTION : All the octahedral complexes of Ni2+ must be outer orbital complexes. REASON : Outer orbital octahedral complexes are given by weak ligands.
7. ASSERTION : CH3OH undergoes esterification faster than (CH3)3COH. REASON : The reaction between an acid and alcohol in presence of dry HCl gas to give ester is known as esterification process.
8. ASSERTION : In order to convert R–Cl to pure R–NH2, Gabriel pthalimide synthesis can be used. REASON : With proper choice of alkyl halides, pthalimide synthesis can be used to prepare 1°, 2° or 3° amines.
9. ASSERTION : Both formic acid and oxalic acid decolourize KMnO4 solution. REASON : Both are easily oxidised to CO2 and H2O.
10. ASSERTION : Tautomerism is exhibited by a compound which is a mixture of two labile forms in dynamic equilibrium. REASON : Nitroalkanes do not show tautomerism.
Share your Results: