AIIMS MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) entrance exam for MBBS course is scheduled for 25th and 26th May 2019. Every aspiring doctor dreams to be in AIIMS and wants to get its MBBS degree from there. The key to get admission into the Prestigious AIIMS college is through its entrance exam, and it’s no cakewalk to CRACK. The AIIMS exam not only tests the conceptual understanding with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but also examines awareness regarding current affairs. Students with sound understanding of concepts and good practise of the questions make it to the AIIMS College. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions including MCQs and Assertion & Reason Questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam, we are running a quiz on Assertion & Reason section from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each week Assertion & Reason Quiz will go live thrice, one from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Make the best of this and practise hard to leave no scope for improvement!
<strong>Let the Quiz Roll On:</strong>
1. ASSERTION : ϒ-radiation emission occurs after α and β-decay. REASON : Energy levels occur in nucleus.
2. ASSERTION : When an object is placed between two plane parallel mirrors, then all the images found are of equal intensity. REASON : In case of plane parallel mirrors, only two images are possible.
3. ASSERTION : Electromagnetic radiations exert pressure. REASON : Electromagnetic-waves carry both.
4. ASSERTION : A capacitor of suitable capacitance can be used in an A.C. circuit in place of the choke coil. REASON : A capacitor blocks D.C. and allows A.C. only.
5. ASSERTION : Magnetic force between two short magnets, when they are co-axial follows inverse square law of distance. REASON : The magnetic forces between two poles do not follow inverse square law of distance.
6. ASSERTION : Voltameter measures current more accurately than ammeter. REASON : Relative error will be small if measured from voltameter.
7. ASSERTION : If a dielectric is placed in external field then field inside dielectric will be less than applied field. REASON : Electric field will induce dipole moment opposite to field direction.
8. ASSERTION : Acceleration of charged particle in nonuniform electric field does not depend on velocity of charged particle. REASON : Charge is an invariant quantity. That is amount of charge on particle does not depend on frame of reference.
9. ASSERTION : The bob of a simple pendulum is a ball with full of water. If a fine hole is made in the bottom of the ball, the time period first increases and then decreases. REASON : As water flows out of the bob, the weight of bob decreases.
10. ASSERTION : Specific heat of a gas at constant pressure is greater than its specific heat at constant volume. REASON : At constant pressure, some heat is spent in expansion of the gas.
Share your Results: