AIIMS MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) entrance exam for MBBS course is scheduled for 25th and 26th May 2019. Every aspiring doctor dreams to be in AIIMS and wants to get its MBBS degree from there. The key to get admission into the Prestigious AIIMS college is through its entrance exam, and it’s no cakewalk to CRACK. The AIIMS exam not only tests the conceptual understanding with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but also examines awareness regarding current affairs. Students with sound understanding of concepts and good practise of the questions make it to the AIIMS College. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions including MCQs and Assertion & Reason Questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam, we are running a quiz on Assertion & Reason section from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each week Assertion & Reason Quiz will go live thrice, one from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Make the best of this and practise hard to leave no scope for improvement!
Let the Quiz Roll On:
1. ASSERTION : Angle of repose is equal to angle of limiting friction REASON : When the body is just at the point of motion, the force of friction in this stage is called as limiting friction.
2. ASSERTION : Centripetal force is always required for motion in curved path. REASON : On a banked curved track, vertical component of normal reaction provides the necessary centripetal force.
3. ASSERTION : In an elastic collision of two bodies, the momentum and energy of each body is conserved. REASON : If two bodies stick to each other, after colliding, the collision is said to be perfectly elastic.
4. ASSERTION : Angular speed of a planet around the sun increases, when it is closer to the sun. REASON : Total angular momentum of the system remains constant.
5. ASSERTION : A particle strikes head-on with another stationary particle such that the first particle comes to rest after collision. The collision should necessarily be elastic. REASON : In elastic collision, there is a loss of momentum of the system of the particles.
6. ASSERTION : A needle placed carefully on the surface of water may float, whereas the ball of the same material will always sink. REASON : The buoyancy of an object depends both on the materials and shape of the object.
7. ASSERTION : It is not possible for a system, unaided by an external agency to transfer heat from a body at lower temperature to another body at a higher temperature. REASON : It is not possible to violate the second law of thermodynamics.
8. ASSERTION : On going away from a point charge or a small electric dipole, electric field decreases at the same rate in both the cases. REASON : Electric field is inversely proportional to square of distance from the charge or on electric dipole.
9. ASSERTION : If a proton and an a-particle enter a uniform magnetic field perpendicularly with the same speed, the time period of revolution of a-particle is double that of proton. REASON : In a magnetic field, the period of revolution of a charged particle is directly proportional to the mass of the particle and is inversely proportional to charge of particle.
10. ASSERTION : Induced electric field due to changing magnetic flux are more readily observed than induced magnetic field due to changing electric field. REASON : The induced field depends on change in flux.
Share your Results: