AIIMS MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) entrance exam for MBBS course is scheduled for 25th and 26th May 2019. Every aspiring doctor dreams to be in AIIMS and wants to get its MBBS degree from there. The key to get admission into the Prestigious AIIMS college is through its entrance exam, and it’s no cakewalk to CRACK. The AIIMS exam not only tests the conceptual understanding with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but also examines awareness regarding current affairs. Students with sound understanding of concepts and good practise of the questions make it to the AIIMS College. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions including MCQs and Assertion & Reason Questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam, we are running a quiz on Assertion & Reason section from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each week Assertion & Reason Quiz will go live thrice, one from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Make the best of this and practise hard to leave no scope for improvement!
Let the Quiz Roll On:
1. ASSERTION : The difference in the value of acceleration due to gravity at pole and equator is proportional to square of angular velocity of earth. REASON : The value of acceleration due to gravity is minimum at the equator and maximum at the pole.
2. ASSERTION : A needle placed carefully on the surface of water may float, whereas the ball of the same material will always sink. REASON : The buoyancy of an object depends both on the materials and shape of the object.
3. ASSERTION : During rapid pumping of air in tyres, air inside the tyre is hotter than atmospheric air. REASON : Adiabatic process occurs at very high rate.
4. ASSERTION : The total translational kinetic energy of all the molecules of a given mass of an ideal gas is 1.5 times the product of its pressure and its volume. REASON : The molecules of a gas collide with each other and the velocities of the molecules change due to the collision.
5. ASSERTION : The amplitude of an oscillating pendulum decreases gradually with time. REASON : The frequency of the pendulum decreases with time.
6. ASSERTION : Sound waves cannot propagate through vacuum but light waves can. REASON : Sound waves cannot be polarised but light waves can be.
7. ASSERTION : If an electron and proton possessing same kinetic energy enter an electric field in a perpendicular direction, the path of the electron is more curved than that of the proton. REASON : Electron forms a larger curve due to its small mass.
8. ASSERTION : An electric field is preferred in comparison to magnetic field for detecting the electron beam in a television picture tube. REASON : Electric field requires low voltage.
9. ASSERTION : Two parallel wires carrying current in the same direction attract each other because of potential difference between them. REASON : The potential difference between two parallel current carrying conductor produce an acceleration.
10. ASSERTION : No power loss associated with pure capacitor in ac circuit. REASON : No current is flowing in this circuit.
Share your Results: