AIIMS MBBS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) entrance exam for MBBS course is scheduled for 25th and 26th May 2019. Every aspiring doctor dreams to be in AIIMS and wants to get its MBBS degree from there. The key to get admission into the Prestigious AIIMS college is through its entrance exam, and it’s no cakewalk to CRACK. The AIIMS exam not only tests the conceptual understanding with its variety of questions (MCQs+ A&R) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but also examines awareness regarding current affairs. Students with sound understanding of concepts and good practise of the questions make it to the AIIMS College. AIIMS MBBS 2019 exam will consist of 200 objective type questions including MCQs and Assertion & Reason Questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking.
Assertion & Reason section is a trickier one, as it is difficult to come up to the correct choice. Assertion and Reason are two statements which may or may not hold any relation to each other and can be correct or incorrect. It is taxing to understand whether the two statements are related and the reason gives the correct explanation of the assertion or not. Any wrong response consumes your hard-earned points from the MCQS part. But, a GOOD Practise of this section can save you from such dreadful situation.
To help you prepare well for the AIIMS exam, we are running a quiz on Assertion & Reason section from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Each week Assertion & Reason Quiz will go live thrice, one from each Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Make the best of this and practise hard to leave no scope for improvement!
<strong>Let the Quiz Roll On:</strong>
1. ASSERTION : A hollow shaft is found to be stronger than a solid shaft made of same material. REASON : The torque required to produce a given twist in hollow cylinder is greater than that required to twist a solid cylinder of same size and material.
2. ASSERTION : A body that is a good radiator is also a good absorber of radiation at a given wavelength. REASON : According to Kirchoff’s law the absorptivity of a body is equal to its emissivity at a given wavelength.
3. ASSERTION : The total translational kinetic energy of all the molecules of a given mass of an ideal gas is 1.5 times the product of its pressure and its volume. REASON : The molecules of a gas collide with each other and the velocities of the molecules change due to the collision.
4. ASSERTION : On going away from a point charge or a small electric dipole, electric field decreases at the same rate in both the cases. REASON : Electric field is inversely proportional to square of distance from the charge or on electric dipole.
5. ASSERTION : Current is passed through a metallic wire so that it becomes red hot. When cold water is poured on half of its portion, the rest of the half portion becomes hotter. REASON : Resistance decreases due to decrease in temperature.
6. ASSERTION : In ammeter, current in shunt is always greater than current in galvanometer. REASON : Value of shunt resistance is negative if current in shunt is less than current in galvanometer.
7. ASSERTION : A bar magnet is dropped into a long vertical copper tube. Even taking air resistance as negligible, the magnet attains a constant terminal velocity. If the cube is heated, the terminal velocity gets increased. REASON : The terminal velocity depends on eddy current produced in bar magnet.
8. ASSERTION : The quantity L/R possesses dimension of time. REASON : To reduce the rate of increase of current through a solenoid, we should increase the time constant (L/R).
9. ASSERTION : Light is a transverse wave but not an electromagnetic wave. REASON : Maxwell showed that speed of electromagnetic waves is related to the permittivity of the medium through which it travels.
10. ASSERTION : The mirrors used in search lights are parabolic and not concave spherical. REASON : In a concave spherical mirror the image formed is always virtual.
Share your Results: