Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) every year. JEE exam consists of two parts – JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main happens in two sessions – Session 1 and Session 2 out of which the best marks will be considered for qualification. After the candidates pass either JEE Session 1 or JEE Main Session 2, they become eligible to appear in JEE Advanced. Students who qualify for JEE Advanced get selected for the counselling procedure for IITs across India, Know everything about the upcoming JEE 2024 exam including both for JEE Main 2024 and JEE Advanced 2024.
JEE Main 2024 Highlights
JEE exam official notice containing exam eligibility has not been announced yet but on the basis of the previous year here are the criteria details of eligibility.
Candidates meeting the following JEE main exam eligibility criteria are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2024 exam.
There is no such age limit for JEE Main exam but candidates may need to keep in mind the age limit criteria of the institutes they want to take admission in.
Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or are appearing for the 12th board in 2024 will be eligible.
Subjects in the Qualifying Exam
The candidates who qualified in 5 subjects: language, mathematics, physics, chemistry/biology/biotechnology/technical vocational subject any other subject will be eligible.
Only the students who score 75% in class 12th will be eligible
Following are the JEE advanced exam eligibility criteria Make sure you follow the given criteria to be eligible.
Candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1999. However, there is a relaxation of five years for candidates belonging to the SC, ST, and PwD categories. They should have been born on or after October 1, 1994.
Number of Attempts
Candidates are allowed a maximum of two attempts at JEE Advanced within two consecutive years.
Candidates must have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2023 or 2024. They should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects. Candidates who have appeared for the exam before 2023 are not eligible
Previous IIT Admission
Candidates should not have been admitted to an IIT earlier, except in the cases where they were admitted to preparatory courses in 2023 or had been allocated a seat but did not report, withdrew, or had their seat cancelled before the final round of seat allotment in JoSAA 2023.
To be eligible for JEE Advanced 2024, candidates must satisfy all the above eligibility criteria from 1 to 4, along with the specific conditions mentioned in Criterion 5.
For a Detailed eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2024 and JEE Advanced 2024, check – JEE Exam Eligibility 2024
The details regarding exam dates for JEE 2024 exam have not been released yet but the following are the tentative dates.
JEE Main 2024 Exam Date
The following table shows the important dates (Tentative) for JEE Main 2024 session 1 and session 2 Dates.
Refer to this table for the important dates (Tentative) for JEE Advanced 2024 exam.
Check out more on the registration process for JEE Main and JEE Advanced along with all the required documents here – JEE Exam Dates 2024 (Mains and Advanced)
To obtain their JEE exam admit cards for all sessions, eligible candidates who have successfully registered can follow the steps mentioned below on the official website:
Steps to Download JEE Main 2024 Admit Card
1. Go to the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in.
2. Find and click on the link for JEE admit cards.
3. Enter your login credentials.
4. The JEE Main admit card will be displayed on the screen.
5. Print the admit card for future reference.
Steps to Download IIT JEE Advanced 2024 Admit Card
1. Visit the official website of NTA JEE Advanced – jeeadv.ac.in.
2. Click on the Admit Card link.
3. You will be redirected to the JEE Advanced 2024 candidate portal.
4. Login using your registration number, date of birth, and mobile number.
5. The admit card for the JEE Advanced 2024 exam will be displayed.
6. Download and print the admit card for further use.
To know more detailed information click on – JEE Exam Admit Card
See the complete JEE 2024 syllabus in this section.
JEE Main 2024 Syllabus
The following table shows the complete JEE Main 2024 syllabus.
Subject-wise JEE Main 2024 Syllabus Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech)
|Complex numbers and quadratic equations
|Physics and measurement
|Some basic concepts in chemistry
|Matrices and determinants
|States of matter
|Sets, relations and functions
|Chemical bonding and molecular structure
|Permutations and combinations
|Work, energy and power
|Properties of solids and liquids
|Limit, continuity and differentiability
|Laws of motion
|Redox reactions and electrochemistry
|Oscillations and waves
|Binomial theorem and its simple application
|Kinetic theory of gases
|Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
|Sequence and Series
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
|Chemistry in everyday life
|Statistics and probability
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
|Principles related to practical chemistry
|Organic compounds containing halogens
|Organic compounds containing oxygen
|Atoms and nuclei
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen
|Dual nature of matter and radiation
|Some basic principles of organic chemistry
For JEE Main Paper 2 syllabus, check – JEE 2024 syllabus
JEE Advanced 2024 Syllabus
The syllabus for the JEE Advanced exam is similar to that of the JEE Main but with a higher level of difficulty. Provided below in the table is the comprehensive syllabus for the JEE Advanced 2024 examination.
Subject-wise JEE Advanced Syllabus 2024
The tables below show the comprehensive exam pattern for JEE Main + Advanced exams.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2024: Paper 1 (B. E./B. Tech)
Detailed exam pattern of the JEE Main 2024 exam.
JEE Advanced 2024 Exam Pattern
Following is the exam pattern of JEE Advanced 2024.
JEE Exam Result Date 2023
Here, find the link and procedure for downloading JEE exam results.
How to Download JEE Main 2023 Exam Result
- Start by visiting the official website of JEE Advanced through the URL jeemain.nta.nic.in or ntaresults.nic.in.Find the specific section dedicated to accessing the JEE Advanced 2023 exam result and click on it.
- Provide your personal login details, including your username and password, to proceed further.
- After successful authentication, the screen will display your JEE Advanced 2023 exam result.
- Choose the appropriate action, either downloading or printing the result, to keep it for future reference and documentation.
- Begin by accessing the authorized JEE Advanced website by navigating to https://jeeadv.ac.in.
- Locate and click on the designated result portal for JEE Advanced 2023.
- Enter your personal login credentials, such as your username and password, to proceed.
- Once authenticated, your JEE Advanced 2023 exam result will be displayed on the screen.
- Select the option to either download or print the result for future reference and record-keeping.
The complete cutoff list of both KJEE Main + Advanced 2023 exams.
JEE Main 2023 Cut-off
The following is the cut-off list for JEE Main 2023 exam.
To check the cut-off list for JEE Main 2023 in detail check – JEE Main 2023 cut-off
JEE Advanced 2024 Cutoff
The following is the detailed cut-off list for JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
To check the cut-off list for JEE Advanced 2023 in detail check – JEE Advanced 2023 cut-off
JEE Advanced Check 💡
Q. The smallest division on the main scale of a Vernier calipers is 0.1 cm. Ten divisions of the Vernier scale correspond to nine divisions of the main scale. The figure below on the left shows the reading of this calipers with no gap between its two jaws. The figure on the right shows the reading with a solid sphere held between the jaws. The correct diameter of the sphere is
(a) ) 3.07 cm (b) 3.11 cm (c) 3.15 cm (d) 3.17 cm
(JEE Advanced 2021, Held on 3rd October)
Find your Answer Here ➡ JEE Syllabus 2024
Best Books for JEE Exam
The best books for JEE 2024 preparation should possess several key qualities that contribute to their effectiveness. While getting the book for JEE, you should keep in mind these qualities to make the most of your preparation. The best books are those that provide comprehensive coverage of the JEE syllabus, ensuring that all topics and concepts are thoroughly addressed. These JEE 2024 books present information in a clear and concise manner making complex concepts easier to understand. They offer a wide range of practice questions along with detailed explanations to help you grasp the underlying concepts. The best way to get familiarized with the JEE 2024 exam is to attempt JEE previous years’ paper books and mock tests books which these books should possess. Following are such books that includes everything you need to crack JEE in first attempt!
- NCERT Textbook
- MTG Objective NCERT at your Fingertips
- MTG JEE Champion
- MTG JEE Main
- MTG 46+22 Years Chapterwise Topicwise Solutions
- MTG 22 Years JEE Main Chapterwise Solution
- MTG 46 Years JEE Advanced
- MTG 104 Online 5 Years JEE MAIN Solved Papers
- MTG Chapter-Wise Topic-Wise Daily Practice Paper (DPP) JEE Main
- MTG 30 Days JEE Main – 30 Days A Revision cum Crash Course
- MTG Handbook
- MTG All India Rank Indicator Online Mock Test Series for JEE Advanced
- MTG Monthly Magazines
JEE exam is tough and one needs to work hard to get a good rank. But only working hard is not enough, you also need to work smartly to make the most out of your available resources. So, to help you with that, let’s discuss some tips to make your preparation more efficient.
- Prepare a simple easy-to-follow timetable that divided big tasks into smaller ones for realistic progress.
- Use study techniques such as chunking, mnemonics, making notes etc to increase the efficiency of the preparation.
- Revise regularly with self-made personalized notes for better retention of knowledge.
- Make use of the previous years’ papers s they help you understand the exam pattern thoroughly and provide you insight into question trends.
- Select good quality and authentic learning material resources from trusted sources to ensure error-free learning.
To know more in-detail on how to prepare right from class 11 check – JEE 2024 Preparation Tips
Frequently Asked Questions on JEE Exam 2024
- Can a candidate change the medium of paper after submitting the application?
Candidates can opt for different mediums at the time of the examination.
- Are both JEE session 1 and session 2 compulsory?
No, both sessions are not compulsory. It is the candidates’ choice whether they want to appear in one session or both sessions.
- Can I cancel my application for the JEE Main exam and get the refund?
No, once the application is submitted you cannon withdraw or cancel your application or get the refund.