The cut-off percentile for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2023 is released by National Testing Agency (NTA) with the information brochure at neet.nta.nic.in. The category-wise cut-off for NEET 2023 exam is released with the NEET 2023 result on 13 June 2023. For all the latest NEET 2023 updates keep following this article. Since the exam was easier than the last year, the cut-off for NEET 2023 exam was expected to be higher than the NEET 2022 cut-off.
What Is the difference between Qualifying Marks and Admission Cut-Off Scores for NEET 2023?
Qualifying Marks and Admission Cut-Off Scores are very different from each other. Qualifying marks in NEET are the minimum marks candidates need to score to pass the exam and become eligible for the counseling process. It is a misconception that the minimum qualifying mark is 50% i.e., 360 NEET passing marks out of 720 which is not the case. The qualifying mark for the counseling process is the 50 percentile which is different from the 50 percent. 50 percentile means you need to score better than the 50% of the exam takers. The NEET admission cut-off score is the last rank at which an applicant will be granted admission into the medical college. All the government and private medical colleges in India will grant admission on the basis of the NEET 2023 Admission cut-off. It is important to note that NEET cut-off percentile remains the same every year.
NEET Check 💡
Ethyl benzene cannot be prepared by
(NEET Practice Paper)
Find your Answer Here ➡ Best Books for NEET 2024
What Are Cut-Off Marks In NEET?
The cutoff for NEET 2024 is the minimum qualifying percentile or marks that a candidate must achieve to be considered eligible for admission to various medical and dental courses. The official cut-off has been released with the NEET 2023 results on 13 June 2023. The below table contains the previous years’ trends and cutoff criteria for all categories with the NEET 2023 cut-off scores.
|NEET cutoff percentile
|NEET cut-off 2024 scores
|NEET cut-off 2023 scores
|NEET cut-off 2022 scores
|NEET cut-off 2021 scores
|NEET cut-off 2020 scores
|To be announced
|To be announced
|To be announced
|To be announced
How to calculate the NEET cutoff 2023 Percentile?
According to National Testing Agency (NTA), “A percentile rank is the percentage of score that falls below a given score in a group. Candidates can calculate their rough NEET scores with the help of NEET 2023 answer keys. For each correct attempt a candidate will gain 4 marks and for each incorrect answer he/ she will lose 1 mark, therefore, the NEET score can be calculated by-
NEET Score = (Total number of correct answers x 4) – (Total number of incorrect answers x -1)
Candidates can also predict their NEET percentile on the basis of their NEET score. Here is the formula for calculating your NEET percentile:
NEET percentile = ( Individual Score X 100)/ Marks obtained by top scorer
Factors Affecting NEET Cutoff 2023
The NEET cut-off varies every year due to various factors and changes that happen each year. The following are some important factors that play a role in determining the cut-off for each year.
- The total no. of available vacant seats for the 2023 session.
- The overall level of difficulty of the NEET 2023 exam.
- Total no. of candidates that appeared for the NEET 2023 exam.
- Total no. of candidates qualified for NEET 2023 counseling process.
- Cut-off trends of the previous years.
NEET 2023 Cutoff: Tie-breaking Process
To break a tie in the NEET 2023 cutoff marks, the following steps will be probed in the order of preference.
- Higher Score in Biology: When the NEET 2023 cutoff is announced, candidates with better scores/percentiles in biology (zoology and botany) would be given first preference in the NEET merit list.
- Higher Score in Chemistry: If there is still a tie, the applicant’s better scores or percentile in Chemistry will be taken into account.
- Higher Score in physics: In the event that there is still a tie, preference will be given to students who received higher marks in physics.
- Number of Incorrect Responses: If there is still a tie, the candidates who attempted more accurate answers and had fewer incorrect answers assigned to them will be given a higher rank.
- Fewer Errors in the Biology Section: Students who attempted fewer incorrect answers in the biology section will receive a higher rank.
- Fewer Errors in the Chemistry Section: Candidates who attempted fewer incorrect answers in the chemistry section will be given a higher rank.
- Fewer Errors in the Physics Section: Candidates who attempted fewer incorrect answers in the physics exam will be granted a higher ranking.
NEET Result 2023
The NEET 2023 result is provided in the form of a scorecard on the official NTA website at https://nta.ac.in/. Candidates must have their NEET 2023 roll number, birth date, and security pin to view the final results. The NEET 2023 result-cum-scorecard includes the candidates’ name, date of birth, overall and subject-specific marks, application number, cut-off marks, and NEET 2023 All India Rank (AIR).
Hopefully, this information might have helped you to understand the NEET cut-off criteria, if you are looking to give your best for NEET 2023 then you must study from the best NEET exam books to excel in their exam.
Frequently Asked Questions on NEET Cutoff 2023
- How to check NEET 2023 cut-off score?
NEET cut-off is typically given at the bottom of the NEET scorecard. So, to know the official cut-off for the candidates needs to wait for the official NEET 2023 result announcement. However, the tentative cut-off marks are as follows.
- What is the use of the NEET 2023 cut-off score?
Admission to the following UG medical seats will be considered on NEET 2023 cut-off:
- 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats
- 85% State Quota seats
- Deemed and Central universities
- ESIC and AFMS
- Private institutes
- AIIMS institutes
- JIPMER colleges
- In the case of foreign Nationals candidates (OCI/PIO), what will be the pin code in the address section?
Such candidates are required to put 000000 in the field of Pin Code.
- Can a certificate from the guardian/father/mother be used as an address proof for present or permanent address?
In case, the guardian/mother/father got transferred to another city and the candidate is staying with him/her, then a certificate from the guardian/father/mother can be used as address proof for the present address.
- What is the NEET 2023 cut-off for SC?
The expected NEET 2023 cut-off for SC is 132-98 (Tentative).
- What is the NEET 2023 cut-off for OBC?
The expected NEET 2023 cut-off for OBC is 132-98 (Tentative).
- What is the NEET 2023 cut-off for the General category?
The expected NEET 2023 cut-off for the General category is 710-124 (Tentative).